Should I Consult a Clinic for Vein Treatment Near Me in Texas? Vein Doctor Answers
April 29, 2020
What’s the importance of consulting a clinic for vein treatment near me in Texas?
If you have any signs or symptoms of vein disease, you may wonder if you should consult a clinic for vein treatment near me in Texas. People suffering from spider veins often think it’s a common condition, and they don’t need to consult vein doctors or vein clinics. But that’s far from true. If you have any vein-related problems, you must consult a vein treatment center in Houston immediately.
The following are the two most important reasons to consult a clinic for vein treatment near me in Texas:
- Cosmetic Appearance: Spider veins and varicose veins are abnormal blood vessels that appear on the surface of the skin. Spider veins are a dense cluster of blood vessels just underneath the surface of your skin. Varicose veins are large bulging veins that look like a twisted and knotted mass of ropes. You need treatments of vein disease because spider veins and varicose veins look pretty ugly.
- Mental Health: People suffering from varicose veins and spider veins feel self-conscious about the appearance of their legs. As such, the presence of ugly leg veins may prevent you from going to beaches or enjoying life. They can also lead to social anxiety, which can affect your mental health.
- Venous Insufficiency: Most importantly, varicose veins and spider veins are symptoms of a dangerous circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency. This is a medical condition in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins, leading to vein dilation and other vein diseases.
Please continue reading to learn more about the signs and symptoms of vein disease. You must consult a vein treatment center in Houston, even if there’s a remote risk of you having chronic venous insufficiency.
What signs and symptoms indicate that I need to consult a vein treatment center in Houston?
Chronic venous insufficiency is one of the most under-diagnosed diseases because its initial signs and symptoms are so mild they can be mistaken for signs of exhaustion or aging. However, the signs and symptoms of vein disease get worse due to excessive blood accumulation in leg veins. As such, the symptoms will be worse at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing still.
The following are some of the early signs and symptoms of vein disease. If you with any of these vein problems, please consult a vein clinic in Houston today:
- Restless legs syndrome.
- Leg heaviness.
- Frequent leg cramps.
- Throbbing leg veins.
- Itching leg veins.
- Swollen ankles and feet.
- Formation of spider veins and varicose veins.
What happens if I don’t consult vein clinics in Houston, Texas?
Venous insufficiency is a chronic medical condition, which means it gets worse with time. Even though the initial signs and symptoms of vein disease may seem benign, it will progress rapidly until you suffer from serious complications.
The following are some of the complications of vein disease if you don’t consult a vein clinic in Houston promptly:
- Profuse bleeding due to burst varicose veins.
- Skin discoloration due to the lack of blood circulation in your leg veins.
- The skin in your legs will develop a red and patchy appearance due to the breakdown of blood cells.
- The lack of blood circulation in your legs will prevent wounds from healing effectively. As such, you’ll develop non-healing wounds called leg ulcers.
- Eventually, you’ll suffer from deep vein thrombosis, a condition in which the accumulated blood in your veins will clot.
- If the blood clots in your veins break, they may travel to the lungs and lead to a potentially fatal condition called pulmonary embolism.
What are the best minimally invasive treatments of vein disease?
If you have vein disease, the vein doctors in the Houston vein center will destroy or remove the diseased saphenous vein. Once the diseased saphenous vein is removed, the accumulated blood will reroute to healthier veins to restore smooth blood circulation to the heart.
The following are the best minimally invasive treatments of vein disease:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During radiofrequency ablation, the vein physician uses thermal energy to collapse the diseased saphenous vein. You can claim insurance coverage for radiofrequency ablation.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During endovenous laser ablation, the phlebologist uses laser energy to destroy the problematic saphenous vein. You can claim insurance coverage for endovenous laser ablation.
- VenaSeal: During VenaSeal, the vein dr injects a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein to fuse its walls and shut it down. VenaSeal has only recently received FDA approval, so it’s not yet eligible for insurance coverage.
After the minimally invasive treatments of vein disease, the vein doctors will treat spider veins using a minimally invasive procedure called sclerotherapy. The vein doctor will inject a medicine called sclerosant into your spider veins to fuse their vein walls and turn them into scar tissues. The scar tissues eventually get absorbed by the body and fade away. Sclerotherapy doesn’t receive insurance coverage because it’s not medically necessary.
Schedule an Appointment at a Vein Treatment Center in Houston, Texas
Vein Treatment Clinic is an extremely reputable vein treatment center in Houston, Texas. We have some of the most accomplished vein doctors who diagnose the root cause of your vein condition and treat it using the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. Our vein center in Houston is highly accessible because it’s located close to The Galleria shopping mall. For more information, please schedule an appointment at our vein treatment center in Houston, Texas, today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School