How Can I Find a Good Vein Doctor or Clinic for Vein Treatment Near Me in Houston?
April 29, 2020
Qualities of a Good Doctor for Vein Treatment Near Me in Houston
Are you looking for a vein clinic for vein treatment near me in Houston? If so, you should start your search by looking for some of the most accomplished vein doctors in Houston, Texas. The following are some of the qualities you must consider when looking for the appropriate phlebologist:
- Educational Background: The Houston vein doctor should have an exceptional educational background. You should find a vein dr who has ideally trained at NYU School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, or other such equally reputable medical schools. You should also find vein doctors who have completed their residencies and fellowships from reputable institutions.
- Exceptional Training: Modern varicose vein treatments are minimally invasive and non-surgical. You must find a vein doctor who has specialized training in vascular imaging, which is one of the most important skills for the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases. The vein physician must also specialize in minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation and sclerotherapy.
- Flawless Track Record: Go through the vein doctor’s patient testimonials and online reviews to gauge their track record. You should look for vein doctors who have a perfect track record and those who have successfully performed hundreds of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- Friendly Attitude and Personality: While it’s not necessary, you should ideally look for vein doctors who are friendly with their patients. Friendly vein physicians are more likely to listen to your concerns, answer your questions patiently, and focus on your emotional and physical comfort.
- Bonus Skill: Vein diseases like spider veins and varicose veins make your legs look pretty bad. You may have ugly leg veins on your skin even after the varicose vein treatments. As such, it helps to find a vein doctor who also has specialized training as a cosmetic surgeon because they’ll restore the aesthetic beauty of your legs.
Qualities of Good Vein Clinics for Varicose Vein Treatments
Once you’ve found some of the most accomplished and friendly vein doctors, you must look at the quality of their Houston vein clinics. You should look for state-of-the-art Houston vein clinics that meet the following qualities:
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: Modern minimally invasive vein treatments rely heavily on advanced technologies. You must find a state-of-the-art Houston vein clinic that has access to the latest vein treatment technologies and devices, such as VNUS, ClariVein, and ClosureFAST.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You should avoid Houston vein centers that recommend surgical procedures. Please focus on vein clinics that only provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments have a 97% success rate, and they cause minimal pain or discomfort with a negligible risk of side effects or complications.
- Insurance Coverage: Radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation are eligible for insurance coverage because they’re medically necessary varicose vein treatments. You must find a Houston vein clinic that accepts all major insurance plans and actively helps you get optimal insurance coverage for your vein treatments.
Accessible Location in Houston, Texas: Finally, you must find a Houston vein clinic that’s accessible. The vein treatment center in Houston should be in a prominent part of Houston, and it should have plenty of parking space
Description of Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments
Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are non-surgical, and they cause minimal pain or discomfort because they’re conducted under local anesthesia. Furthermore, minimally invasive varicose vein treatments also have a negligible risk of side effects and complications. These procedures usually conclude within an hour with no downtime, which means you can resume work immediately after the treatment. The following is a description of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During the radiofrequency ablation procedure, the vein dr inserts a catheter into the diseased saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance. The vein doctor applies tumescent anesthesia and then activates the catheter to destroy the saphenous vein with thermal energy.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During the endovenous laser ablation process, the vein physician inserts an endovenous laser fiber into the problematic saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance. The phlebologist applies tumescent anesthesia and activates the catheter to collapse the saphenous vein using laser energy.
- VenaSeal: During the VenaSeal procedure, the vein physician injects a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein. The medical adhesive fuses the saphenous vein’s walls, because of which it hardens into a scar tissue that gets absorbed by the body.
- Sclerotherapy: During sclerotherapy, the vein doctor injects a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins to seal them shut. The spider veins turn into scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body, fading away within three weeks. Sclerotherapy only removes the spider veins on the surface of your skin without addressing the underlying vein disease. As such, sclerotherapy is a cosmetic procedure.
Consult a Vein Treatment Center in Houston, Texas
Vein Treatment Clinic is a highly-reputable vein treatment center in Houston, Texas, with some of the most accomplished and respectable vein doctors and vein clinic staff. Our vein doctor, Dr. Calvin Jung, also happens to be a cosmetic surgeon, which is why he excels at restoring the aesthetic beauty of legs marred by spider veins and varicose veins. Our Houston vein center is located near The Galleria shopping mall with plenty of parking spaces. For more information, please schedule an appointment for vein treatment today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School