How to Find a Good Vein Center and Vein Doctor in Houston?
May 17, 2020
What are the qualities of a good vein doctor in Houston, Texas?
- Excellent Educational Background: If you’re looking for a clinic for spider vein removal in Houston, you should first look for a vein clinic with an exceptional vein doctor in Houston. To find exceptional vein doctors, you must go through their educational background. Look for a vein clinic with vein doctors who have trained at well-reputed medical schools, such as NYU School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School.
- Specialized Training in Vascular Imaging: Vascular imaging is one of the most important skills in the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease. Vascular imaging allows the vein doctor to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins, which helps them determine the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins. As such, you must find a vein doctor in Houston, Texas, who has specialized training in vascular imaging.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You should also find a vein doctor in Houston with specialized training in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as ,radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- Experience with Cosmetic Treatment: After the primary vein treatment, the vein doctor may also have to remove the superficial varicose veins and spider veins from your skin. As such, even though it’s not necessary, it helps to find a vein doctor who also has specialized training in cosmetic surgery or cosmetic treatments.
- Perfect Track Record: You should go through the vein doctor’s track record and online reviews to ensure they have a perfect track record. They should also have extensive experience, having successfully performed varicose vein treatments hundreds of times.
- Friendly Vein Doctors: Finally, look for friendly and compassionate vein doctors who care about your physical and emotional comfort during the minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
What are the qualities of a good vein and vascular center in Houston, Texas?
- Exceptional Vein Doctors: A laser vein removal center or vein treatment clinic can only be as good as the quality of their vein doctors. As such, you must find a vein and vascular center in Houston with strict qualifications for their vein doctors. The Houston vein treatment center should have vein doctors who meet the requirements we discussed earlier in this article.
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: Modern minimally invasive varicose vein treatments can only be performed using advanced technologies, such as ClariVein, ClosureFAST, and VNUS. Even the best vein doctors need access to the right support system if they’re going to treat vein disease without complications. As such, you should look for a vein treatment center with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You must avoid a vascular clinic near me that provides surgical treatments; they are complicated, relatively ineffective, and they have a high risk of complications. You must find a vein and vascular center that only provides minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- Insurance Coverage: Minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation, are eligible for insurance coverage because they’re medically necessary. As such, you must find a vein clinic that helps you get insurance coverage for your treatment.
- Accessible Houston Vein Clinic: You must find a Houston vein clinic that’s located in a prominent and highly-accessible part of Houston, Texas.
Description of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments at a vascular clinic near me.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: During this minimally invasive varicose vein treatment, the vein doctor creates an incision on the surface of your skin and inserts a catheter under ultrasound guidance. Once the catheter is lodged inside the diseased saphenous vein, the vein physician applies local anesthesia to the walls of the vein and activates the catheter. The thermal energy destroys the walls of the saphenous vein. The accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: During this minimally invasive varicose vein procedure, the phlebologist creates an incision on the surface of your skin and inserts an endovenous laser fiber under ultrasound guidance. Once the endovenous laser is in place, the vein doctor applies local anesthesia and activates the laser fiber. The resultant laser energy collapses the diseased saphenous vein, rerouting the accumulated blood to healthier veins and restoring blood circulation to the heart.
- VenaSeal: During this minimally invasive varicose vein treatment, the vein dr injects a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance. The medical adhesive fuses the walls of the saphenous vein together, essentially turning it into scar tissue that gradually gets absorbed by the body.
- Sclerotherapy: During this minimally invasive spider vein treatment, the spider vein doctor injects a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins. Sclerosant fuses the spider veins’ walls, turning them into scar tissues that eventually fade away from your skin However, sclerotherapy is a cosmetic procedure that only removes the spider veins without treating the underlying vein disease.
Schedule an appointment with our vein treatment clinic in Houston, Texas.
Vein Treatment Clinic is an extremely reputable vein treatment center in Houston, Texas. We have one of the country’s finest vein doctors, Dr. Calvin Jung, who meets all of the requirements we discussed earlier in this article. He also happens to be a cosmetic surgeon, which means he’s perfectly qualified to restore the cosmetic beauty of your legs. Our Houston vein clinic is also highly accessible since it’s close to The Galleria, one of Houston’s most ironic landmarks. For more information, please schedule an appointment with our vein doctor in Houston today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School