How Can I Find a Vein Clinic Near Me in Texas? How to Find a Good Vein Doctor?
April 07, 2020
How Can I Find a Vein Clinic Near Me in Texas?
Recently, we’ve been getting a lot of questions from people like, “how can I find a vein clinic near me in Texas?” or “how can I find a vein doctor in Houston?”
Are you looking for a vein treatment center in Houston? Do you have varicose veins and spider veins? Do you have symptoms of vein disease, like restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, frequent leg cramps, or leg ulcers?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we discuss some of the qualities to consider when looking for varicose vein and spider vein doctors and vein clinics in Houston, TX.
Find the Most Skilled Vein Doctors
Before you find a vein treatment center in Houston, you need to understand how to spot qualified spider vein doctors. After all, a vein clinic is only as good as their vein doctors.
It’s worth noting that there are a lot of vein doctors out there. Vein doctors can come from any field of healthcare or medicine, and vein treatments are relatively simple to perform. The relative simplicity of the treatment has led to a scenario wherein a lot of inexperienced vein doctors have entered the market.
Consulting inexperienced vein doctors isn’t a good idea. They may recommend dangerous vein surgeries, or they may not diagnose the root cause of your spider veins and varicose veins.
So what are the qualities to consider when looking for spider vein or varicose vein doctors?
- Background: You should start by looking at the vein doctor’s background qualifications. Which university did they attend? What’s their medical history? Have they completed residencies and fellowships? The most skilled vein doctors have generally graduated from Harvard Medical School, Ivy League Universities, or other reputable institutions. They should also have completed residencies and fellowships from good medical institutions.
- Medical History: Next, you need to look at the vein doctor’s medical history. Find a vein doctor who has been performing vein treatments for several years. They should have performed hundreds of procedures with a perfect track record.
- Attitude: Look for a patient and friend vein doctor. This might sound like a moot point — what do friendliness and patience have to do with varicose vein treatment? A lot, actually. Before curating a treatment plan, the vein doctor must examine your symptoms, run diagnostic tests, and discuss your medical history. During this phase, the vein doctor must carefully identify signs that will help them decide which treatment plan is suitable for you. As such, if a vein doctor doesn’t pay attention, they have a higher risk of leading to some side effects. Furthermore, compassionate vein doctors will also help you calm down, which is pretty important.
- Vascular Imaging Training: Minimally invasive treatments of vein disease rely heavily on ultrasound, both for diagnosis and treatment. As such, you should look for a vein doctor experienced in vascular imaging and Doppler ultrasound.
- Minimally Invasive Treatment: You should only consult a vein doctor who specializes in minimally invasive varicose veins and spider veins treatments. If they recommend surgery, you need to move on.
State-of-the-Art Vein Treatment Center in Houston
You must find a state-of-the-art vein treatment center in Huston. In the past, vein treatments were largely surgical, so they didn’t rely on advanced and modern technologies.
However, modern minimally invasive treatments of vein disease depend on technologies and equipment like VNUS, ClariVein, ClosureFAST, and many other such modern devices.
When looking for a vein treatment center in Houston, you must find the most advanced vein clinics.
Diagnosis of Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
Varicose veins and spider veins may or may not be caused by an underlying circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency is a condition in which your vein valves collapse, which causes blood to accumulate in your leg veins.
Vein doctors can only curate an effective treatment plan once they understand the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins. To do that, they must run a Doppler Ultrasound test, which allows the vein doctor to visualize the blood flow in your veins.
If the vein treatment center doesn’t run a screening test, they may simply treat the superficial symptoms and not the actual disease.
Minimally Invasive Treatments of Vein Disease
The ideal Houston vein clinics only offer minimally invasive treatments of vein disease, such as endovenous laser ablation, radiofrequency ablation, and VenaSeal.
Minimally invasive treatments of vein disease are non-surgical, minimally-invasive, painless, safe, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime.
Acceptance of Most Insurance Plans
Vein treatment can be extremely expensive. Depending on the type of vein treatment and your condition, it may put you back thousands of dollars.
Luckily, vein disease is a serious medical condition covered by most insurance plans. You must find a vein clinic that accepts most insurance plans because that will considerably lower your out-of-pocket burden.
Schedule an Appointment with a Houston Vein Clinic Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best Houston vein clinics because we have one of the most skilled vein doctors in Houston — Dr. Calvin Jung. We carefully study your symptoms and run tests before curating a treatment plan suitable for your specific needs. Our Houston vein clinic is also highly accessible, located near the most prominent shopping mall in Houston — The Galleria. For more information, please schedule an appointment today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School