How Can I Find a Vein Clinic Near Me in Houston? What Does a Vein Doctor Do?
April 07, 2020
How Can I Find a Vein Clinic Near Me in Houston?
One of the most common questions we get from people is, “how can I find a vein clinic near me in Houston?”
There are a lot of vein treatment centers in Houston, but it’s crucial to find the right vein clinic. You must find a vein clinic with state-of-the-art infrastructure and highly experienced vein doctors. Most importantly, you must find Houston vein clinics that provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments that include sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
Vein treatments have changed considerably in the past decades. Not too long ago, the only way to treat venous insufficiency was through complicated surgical procedures like vein ligation and vein stripping. Not only did these procedures have a limited success rate, but they also had a high risk of complications.
Even though such vein treatments are now obsolete, there are still some vein clinics that recommend surgical treatments. You must avoid them.
You must also avoid vein doctors and vein clinics that curate a minimally invasive treatment plan without diagnosing the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins. Spider veins may or may not be caused by underlying venous insufficiency. As such, good Houston vein clinics should diagnose the root cause of spider veins before curating a minimally invasive treatment plan.
Are you still wondering how to find a “vein clinic near me in Houston”? In this article, we discuss all of the qualities to consider when looking for vein doctors and vein clinics.
Find Skilled and Experienced Vein Doctors
The very first thing you must do is find skilled and experienced vein doctors in Houston. The following tips will help you find the right vein doctors.
- Qualifications and Educational Background: Look for vein doctors who have a strong educational background. You should focus on vein doctors who have trained at reputable medical schools like Harvard Medical School, NYU School of Medicine, Ivy League universities, and other similarly reputable institutions. You should also make sure that the vein doctors have completed fellowships and residencies from reputable institutions.
- Track Record with Varicose Vein Treatments: Look for vein doctors who are highly experienced and have performed hundreds of successful minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. You should look for vein doctors who have been practicing vein treatment for years, thus ensuring that they’re highly experienced.
- Friendly Vein Doctors: Most people don’t think their vein doctor’s attitude or bedside manners are relevant. But that’s not true. You should look for friendly and compassionate vein doctors because those qualities make a lot of difference. Friendly vein doctors will ensure your physical and emotional comfort. Furthermore, if the vein doctor is patient, they’re more likely to listen to your concerns and medical history, which will allow them to curate the ideal minimally invasive treatment plan and avoid complications.
- Diagnosis before Treatment: The most experienced vein doctors understand that the surface symptoms may be caused by underlying vein disease. As such, they will always run diagnostic tests to determine if you have venous insufficiency.
Find a State-of-the-Art Vein Treatment Center in Houston
After you’ve found vein clinics with some of the most qualified vein doctors, you must look at the rest of the vein treatment center in Houston. The following are some of the qualities to consider when looking for a state-of-the-art vein treatment center in Houston, Texas.
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: You must find Houston vein clinics equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technologies and devices, such as ClariVein, ClosureFAST, and VNUS. These modern technologies assist in minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You must find vein clinics that exclusively provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments that include sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- Insurance Coverage: You must find vein clinics that actively help you get insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatments. They should also have flexible payment plans to help you pay for the minimally invasive vein treatments.
How Do Vein Doctors Perform Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments?
Before curating a minimally invasive treatment plan, experienced vein doctors will run a Doppler Ultrasound test. This is a vascular imaging test that will help vein doctors identify the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins.
If you have vein disease, the vein doctor will treat it using minimally invasive varicose vein treatments like radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, or VenaSeal.
During these minimally invasive procedures, the vein doctor will use heat energy, laser energy, or medical adhesives to collapse the diseased saphenous vein. Once the diseased vein has been closed, the accumulated blood will reroute to healthier veins to restore smooth blood circulation to the heart.
However, if you don’t have vein disease but only spider veins, the vein doctor will use sclerotherapy to remove the appearance of spider veins. During the sclerotherapy procedure, the vein doctors will inject a medicine into your spider veins to seal their walls, turning them into scar tissues that gradually get absorbed by the body.
Schedule Varicose Vein Treatments Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is a reputable vein treatment center in Houston that specializes in minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. Our vein clinic is presided over by Dr. Calvin Jung, who also happens to be a cosmetic surgeon, which means he has a keen understanding of how to improve the aesthetic appearance of your legs. Our Houston vein clinic is located close to The Galleria in Upper Houston. For more information, please schedule an appointment today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School