How Can I Find a Varicose Vein Treatment Clinic Near Me in Houston? How Does a Vein Doctor Treat Varicose Veins?
April 13, 2020
Why do I need to find a varicose vein treatment clinic near me in Houston?
Varicose veins are large dilated blood vessels that protrude out of the surface of the skin and look like a dense twisted mass of knotted ropes. Varicose veins occur because of the accumulation of blood in your leg veins as a result of a chronic medical condition called venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency is a common condition in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. The presence of varicose veins and spider veins is a strong indication that you have underlying venous insufficiency. If left untreated, vein disease can lead to complications like skin diseases, bleeding, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis.
You must find a varicose vein treatment clinic near me in Houston because the presence of varicose veins means you probably have chronic venous insufficiency. Now, you may wonder, “how can I find a varicose vein treatment clinic near me in Houston?” In this article, we give you valuable tips on how to find a good Houston vein clinic and vein doctor.
How can I find good Houston vein clinics and vein centers?
When looking for a Houston vein clinic, you should follow these tips and advice:
- Google “varicose vein treatment clinic near me in Houston”. Doing so will give you a list of all the Houston vein centers near your location. You should ideally look for a vein treatment center in Houston that’s accessible.
- Once you’ve found the closest varicose vein centers in Houston, Texas, look for good vein doctors and vein specialists. Find a vein clinic that has highly-reputable, accomplished, and experienced vein doctors.
- Go through the vein clinic’s track record, online reviews, and patient testimonials. Find a vein clinic with a perfect track record.
- You must find a vein treatment center in Houston that provides the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. If the vein treatment center provides varicose vein surgery, you should look elsewhere.
- Find a vein center in Houston, Texas, that helps you get insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatments.
How can I find good Houston vein doctors and phlebologists?
When looking for a good Houston vein doctor, officially called a phlebologist, you should focus on the following qualities:
- Look for an extremely skilled and experienced vein doctor with a strong educational background. The vein dr should have ideally trained at a reputable medical school, such as Harvard Medical School, NYU School of Medicine, or others of a similarly stellar reputation.
- You should look for a vein doctor who has completed their residencies and fellowships from reputable institutions as well.
- Go through the vein doctor’s online reviews and patient testimonials. Find a vein dr who has great reviews and a perfect track record.
- When you schedule a consultation with the vein doctor, you should also ask them some important questions. Ask your vein doctor how many varicose vein treatments they’ve performed, whether they’ve ever had to deal with complications, etc.
- The vein doctor should also be extremely friendly and compassionate.
- Most importantly, the vein doctor or vein specialist should be an expert in minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, VenaSeal, and sclerotherapy.
- Varicose vein treatments also include a cosmetic component. After treating the underlying vein disease, the vein dr will have to remove the superficial varicose veins and spider veins from your legs. As such, the vein doctor should have some cosmetic surgery experience, which will ensure that they can restore the aesthetic beauty of your legs.
Are varicose vein treatments painful and invasive?
The greatest advantage of minimally invasive varicose vein treatments is that they’re neither painful nor invasive. Modern varicose vein treatments are minimally-invasive and non-surgical.
During radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation, the vein doctor will create an incision on your skin to insert a catheter or laser fiber in your diseased saphenous vein. Once the catheter or laser fiber are lodged in place, the vein doctor will apply tumescent anesthesia to protect the surrounding tissues and prevent pain or discomfort. The vein doctor will finally channel thermal energy (radiofrequency ablation) or laser energy (endovenous laser ablation) to destroy the diseased saphenous vein. The entire procedure will be done under local anesthesia so you won’t feel a thing. Endovenous laser ablation may cause some post-procedural discomfort, but it will be manageable.
During VenaSeal, the vein doctor will inject a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein to seal it shut and restore smooth blood circulation to the heart. The procedure is non-invasive and painless.
Do I get insurance coverage for minimally varicose vein treatments?
You get insurance coverage for varicose vein treatments if you have underlying vein disease because it’s a medically necessary procedure. However, you only get insurance coverage for radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation. You don’t get insurance coverage for VenaSeal because it’s a relatively new procedure that has only recently received FDA approval.
Schedule your varicose vein and spider vein consultation today.
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the most reputable vein clinics in Houston, Texas. Our Houston vein clinic is extremely advanced and equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technologies and infrastructure. We also help all of our patients get the best insurance coverage possible for their varicose vein treatments. Located in Upper Houston, close to The Galleria, our vein center is also highly accessible. For more information, please schedule your varicose vein and spider vein consultation today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School