How Can I Find a Varicose Vein Treatment Center Near Me in Texas? Qualities of a Good Vein Doctor — Explained
April 08, 2020
How Can I Find a Varicose Vein Treatment Center Near Me in Texas?
Do you have large bulging veins on the surface of your skin? Do these veins or blood vessels look like a dense mass of twisted and knotted ropes or tree trunks? If so, you’re probably suffering from varicose veins and spider veins.
Varicose veins and spider veins are symptoms of vein disease, a circulatory disorder in which your vein valves collapse, which causes blood to accumulate in your leg veins. Vein disease, also known as chronic venous insufficiency, only gets worse with time, which means you must treat it immediately. If left untreated, varicose veins and spider veins can eventually lead to leg ulcers, skin disease, skin discoloration, deep vein thrombosis, and other issues.
You may be wondering, “how can I find a varicose vein treatment center near me in Texas?” That’s a valid concern — while there are a lot of Houston vein clinics and vein doctors, it’s hard to find the right one for your needs.
In this article, we will discuss the qualities to consider when looking for Houston vein centers and vein doctors. We will also give you an overview of the varicose veins and spider veins treatment process, so you know what to expect.
Availability of Skilled Vein Doctors
The first quality to consider when looking for Houston vein clinics is the availability of skilled vein doctors. Since vein doctors will be the ones finally treating you, one may say that a treatment center in Houston is as good as their vein doctors.
But how do you decide who are the most skilled vein doctors in Houston, TX?
You can find vein doctors in Houston, TX, by focusing on these qualities:
- The vein doctor should have a strong educational background. They should have trained at a reputable medical institution, like Harvard Medical School, New York University, or others of an equal repute.
- You should look for a vein doctor with a strong medical history. They should be highly experienced, having successfully treated hundreds of patients. You can also go through their patient testimonials to see what they have to say.
- Find vein doctors who are patient and friendly. This may seem like a moot point, but it’s more important than you may think. Patient vein doctors will carefully examine your varicose veins and spider veins, looking out for symptoms of vein disease. They will discuss your medical history to narrow down the ideal treatment options for you.
- You must find a vein doctor who specializes in vascular imaging, and the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
State-of-the-Art Treatment Center in Houston, TX
In addition to having great vein doctors, Houston vein clinics should also be equipped with the latest state-of-the-art infrastructure and technologies. You must look for Houston vein clinics equipped with devices like VNUS, ClariVein, ClosureFAST, and other such devices that assist in the latest minimally invasive treatments.
Insurance Coverage for Treatments
Varicose vein treatments can get really expensive. However, treatments like radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation are deemed to be medically necessary, which is why they’re covered by insurance plans. You must find a Houston vein clinic that helps you get insurance coverage for treatments.
Overview of Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments
Varicose veins and spider veins are symptoms of vein disease. As such, whenever you consult a good vein clinic, they will start by diagnosing the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins.
The first step in the treatment of varicose veins is diagnosing the underlying vein disease. That’s where Doppler ultrasound comes in.
Doppler Ultrasound is a diagnostic test in which the vein doctor uses ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your veins. This helps them determine if you have venous insufficiency, which helps them curate a treatment plan for you.
Houston vein doctors should only recommend minimally invasive treatments for varicose veins and spider veins because they’re non-surgical, cause minimal pain or discomfort, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime.
The following is an overview of our minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: This is a minimally invasive treatment in which the vein doctor inserts a catheter into the diseased saphenous vein, and channels heat energy to collapse the vein, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: This is a minimally invasive treatment in which the vein doctor channels laser energy into the diseased saphenous vein, thereby restoring blood circulation to the heart.
- VenaSeal: This is a procedure in which the vein doctor injects a medical adhesive into the diseased saphenous vein to seal its walls shut and restore healthy blood circulation.
- Sclerotherapy: Once the diseased vein is closed or shut down, the vein doctor will inject a medicine called sclerosant into your spider veins. This medicine will fuse their vein walls, turning them into scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body.
Schedule an Appointment with a Houston Vein Clinic
So now that you understand how to find vein clinics and vein doctors, you must be wondering which is one of the best Houston vein clinics for you.
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the best Houston vein clinics because we have some of the country’s most skilled vein doctors who diagnose the root cause of your varicose veins and spider veins to curate a minimally invasive treatment plan just for you.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School