Top Signs I Need to Consult a Varicose Vein Treatment Center Near Me in Houston | How Can I Find a Vein Doctor?
April 13, 2020
What are the signs that I need to consult a varicose vein treatment center near me in Houston?
The presence of varicose vein and spider vein is a clear indication that you need to consult a varicose vein treatment center near me in Houston.
Spider veins are dense clusters of red blood vessels that appear on the surface of your skin in a web-like formation. Varicose veins are large veins that protrude out of your skin in the form of large twisted rope-like knots of blood vessels. Both varicose veins and spider veins are indicative of a severe medical condition called chronic venous insufficiency in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins.
However, varicose veins and spider veins aren’t the only symptoms that may indicate venous insufficiency. The following are all the vein diseases and signs for which you must consult a Houston vein clinic or vein doctor immediately.
- Restless Legs Syndrome: This is a common condition in which your legs keep moving around restlessly.
- Leg Heaviness: The accumulation of blood in your leg veins leads to feelings of leg heaviness.
- Swollen Ankles and Feet: Fluid accumulation in your legs, also known as edema, leads to swollen ankles and feet.
- Frequent Leg Cramps: Leg cramps are a common condition that most people experience occasionally. However, if you experience frequent leg cramps, you may have vein diseases.
- Throbbing Veins: The accumulation of blood in your leg veins will lead to throbbing veins.
You should note that the signs and symptoms of vein disease get worse as more blood accumulates in your leg veins. As such, if you have vein disease, the aforementioned signs and symptoms will be worse at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing.
Please continue reading if you have other questions related to your pursuit of a vein treatment center in Houston, Texas.
What happens if I don’t consult a vein treatment center in Houston?
As mentioned above, the presence of varicose veins and spider veins is an indication that you probably have underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
Venous insufficiency is a serious chronic condition in which your vein valves collapse. These vein valves usually act like one-way doors to ensure blood flows smoothly towards the heart, but not back towards the leg veins. When your vein valves malfunction, there’s no mechanism in place to prevent blood from flowing backward due to gravity. As such, blood accumulates in your leg veins, which eventually leads to vein dilation, which leads to the formation of varicose veins and spider veins, along with a host of other vein diseases.
If there’s a remote chance that you have vein disease, you must consult a Houston vein clinic or vein specialist immediately. If you don’t treat vein disease, you may suffer from the following complications.
- Profuse Bleeding: The continued accumulation of blood in your leg veins leads to vein dilation. Over time, your varicose veins may become sensitive and burst upon the slightest contact, leading to uncontrollable bleeding for which you must be admitted into a hospital.
- Skin Disease: The breakdown of blood cells leads to a red, patchy, and scaly appearance on your skin.
- Skin Discoloration: The lack of blood circulation in your legs leads to skin discoloration.
- Leg Ulcers: The lack of blood circulation in your legs prevents wounds from healing, which leads to the formation of non-healing wounds, also known as ulcers.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: The accumulated blood in your leg veins may eventually clot and harden. These blood clots may also break away and get carried to the lungs, which may induce a severe condition called pulmonary embolism.
How can I find the right vein doctor or phlebologist in Houston, TX?
Now that you understand the importance of finding a Houston vein doctor or vein clinic, you may wonder how you can find a good vein specialist or phlebologist in Houston, Texas.
The following are some of the primary factors to consider when looking for a Houston vein doctor.
- Expertise and Qualifications: You must look for a Houston vein doctor who is extremely skilled and qualified. You should look for a vein dr who has graduated from a reputable medical school, such as NYU School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, etc. They should have also completed their fellowships and residencies from a reputable institution.
- Track Record: The vein dr should have a great track record. You can go through their online reviews and testimonials to see what their patients say. Look for a vein physician who has performed hundreds of varicose vein treatments.
- Attitude with Patients: Find a vein dr or phlebologist who is friendly and compassionate.
- Skills with Vascular Imaging: The vein doctor should have specialized training in vascular imaging, a skill that’s necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease. Furthermore, they must diagnose the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins before curating a treatment plan.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You must look for a vein dr who only provides the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. You must avoid a vein dr who recommends vascular surgery.
- State-of-the-Art Houston Vein Center: The vein doctor should also have access to the devices and equipment in a state-of-the-art Houston vein center or vein clinic.
- Insurance Coverage: The vein doctor must work at a Houston vein treatment center that accepts all insurance plans and helps you get insurance coverage.
Consult highly-skilled vein doctors in Houston, TX.
Vein Treatment Clinic is a great varicose vein and spider vein treatment center in Houston. We have some of the most qualified and accomplished vein doctors who use the latest methods to diagnose and treat your vein diseases. Our Houston vein clinic is located in proximity to The Galleria shopping mall, which also makes it highly accessible. Please schedule an appointment with a varicose vein treatment center in Houston today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School