When and Why Do I Need to Consult a Spider Vein Treatment Clinic Near Me in TX? Vein Doctor Answers
April 07, 2020
When and why do I need to consult a spider vein treatment clinic near me in TX?
Chronic venous insufficiency, also known as vein disease, is a dangerous circulatory disorder in which your vein valves collapse.
In healthy veins, your vein valves act like stopping mechanisms that allow blood to flow towards the heart but prevent it from flowing back down due to gravity. However, your vein valves may collapse or get “floppy” due to a variety of factors. When that happens, gravity forces blood to flow backward and accumulate in your leg veins.
As more blood accumulates in your leg veins, it applies pressure on the vein walls, which leads to vein dilation and the eventual formation of varicose veins and spider veins.
Why do I need to consult a spider vein treatment clinic near me in TX?
There are two primary reasons to consult a spider vein treatment clinic near me in TX:
- Cosmetic Reason: Varicose veins are large protruding blood vessels that pop out of your skin and look hideous. Spider veins are dense web-like clusters of blood vessels on your skin. The presence of varicose veins and spider veins leads to crippling social anxiety and self-consciousness. If you have varicose veins and spider veins, you can consult vein doctors to remove them and restore your leg’s aesthetic beauty.
- Medical Reason: You have symptoms of vein disease, such as restless legs syndrome, spider veins, varicose veins, etc. As mentioned above, venous insufficiency is a dangerous circulatory disorder, and you must treat it immediately. If you have symptoms of vein disease, you must consult vein clinics immediately.
What are the symptoms of vein disease that necessitate varicose vein treatments?
Besides the presence of varicose veins and spider veins, you must consult a vein treatment clinic near me in TX if you have other symptoms of vein disease.
The symptoms of vein disease can be categorized into two types:
- Initial Symptoms of Vein Disease: The initial warning signs or symptoms of vein disease include restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, frequent leg cramps, swollen legs, and spider veins. The symptoms of vein disease usually get worse at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing still.
- Advanced Complications of Vein Disease: Over time, if left untreated, vein disease will lead to complications like varicose veins, profuse bleeding from the dilated veins, skin disease, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis. If you have any of these symptoms of vein disease, you must consult vein clinics immediately.
Please continue reading for more information on how vein clinics treat vein disease and how to find the right Houston vein doctors and vein clinics.
What happens during an initial consultation with vein doctors? How do vein clinics perform varicose vein treatments?
During your initial consultation with vein doctors, they will conduct visual and screening tests to identify the root cause of varicose veins and spider veins.
You can expect the following during your initial consultation with vein doctors.
- Looking for Symptoms of Vein Disease: The vein doctor will visually inspect your legs for symptoms of vein disease like varicose veins and spider veins. They will also ask you if you’ve experienced symptoms of vein disease like restless legs and cramps.
- Doppler Ultrasound Test: The vein doctor will use this vascular imaging test to visualize the blood flow in your veins and determine if you have venous insufficiency.
Once the vein doctor has conducted these tests, they will curate a minimally invasive treatment plan for you.
Vein clinics perform varicose vein treatments using the latest technologies and equipment. The best minimally invasive varicose vein treatments include radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
During these minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, the vein doctor will shut down or collapse the diseased saphenous vein. The accumulated blood will automatically reroute to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart.
After these varicose vein treatments, the vein doctor will use sclerotherapy to remove the surface spider veins. During this procedure, the vein doctor will inject a medicine into the spider veins to harden them into scar tissues that eventually get absorbed by the body and fade away.
How to find good vein doctors and vein clinics in Houston, TX?
The following are some tips on how to find good vein doctors and vein clinics in Houston, TX:
- Find Houston vein clinics with highly-skilled and experienced vein doctors with a strong educational background.
- Look for vein doctors who specialize in vascular imaging and minimally invasive varicose vein treatments.
- The vein doctors should have a perfect medical history and track record. You can go through their online reviews and patient testimonials.
- You must also find friendly and compassionate vein doctors who care about your physical and emotional comfort.
- You must look for advanced state-of-the-art vein clinics equipped with devices necessary for vein treatments, such as VNUS, ClosureFAST, ClariVein, etc.
- The vein clinic should only provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments that include sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- You must find vein clinics that help you get insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatments.
Vein Treatment Clinic is one of the most reputable Houston vein clinics because it meets all of the requirements we’ve mentioned above. Our vein treatment center in Houston is located in one of the city’s most accessible and prominent thoroughfares, close to The Galleria shopping mall. For more information, please schedule an appointment today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School