Should I Consult a Spider Vein Treatment Clinic Near Me in Houston? Medical Group Answers
April 13, 2020
Should I consult a spider vein treatment clinic near me in Houston?
People suffering from spider veins often wonder if they should “consult a spider vein treatment clinic near me in Houston.”
There are two important reasons for you to consult a vein treatment center in Houston if you have spider veins.
- Cosmetic Reason: Spider veins are dense web-like clusters of blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin. They’re not painful or extremely uncomfortable, but they look hideous and lead to self-consciousness and social anxiety. Furthermore, spider veins continue spreading outwards, which can lead to even greater social anxiety. You should consult a Houston vein clinic or vein specialist so they can remove the visible spider veins from your skin.
- Medical Reason: Spider veins are often indicative of a dangerous underlying circulatory disorder called chronic venous insufficiency, in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. Venous insufficiency is a serious medical condition, and you need to seek minimally invasive treatment from a reputable Houston vein center or vein doctor immediately.
The presence of spider veins is a strong indication that you have underlying vein disease. However, you should be wary of various other warning signs and symptoms of vein disease, such as restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, swollen ankles and feet, frequent leg cramps, and throbbing veins.
Furthermore, if you’re suffering from vein disease, these symptoms will get worse as more blood accumulates in your leg veins, which means you’ll experience them more at the end of the day or after long periods of sitting or standing.
If you refuse to consult a spider vein treatment center in Houston, these symptoms will only get worse. Eventually, you’ll suffer from advanced vein diseases, such as varicose veins, skin disease, skin discoloration, leg ulcers, and deep vein thrombosis.
If you identify any of the warning signs or symptoms mentioned above, please consult a spider vein treatment clinic near me in Houston today.
How do vein specialists and vein doctors treat spider veins?
In the past, the only way to treat vein disease was through complicated and dangerous varicose vein surgery procedures, like vein ligation and vein stripping. However, thanks to modern technologies, vein doctors and vein clinics can now treat spider veins and varicose veins with a relatively straightforward procedure.
The first step in your consultation with the vein doctors in Houston, Texas, is diagnosing the root cause of spider veins. The vein dr or vein physician will look for some of the signs of vein disease mentioned above. The vein doctor will also ask about your medical history. Finally, the vein doctor will use a method called Duplex Ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins, thus determining if you have chronic venous insufficiency.
If you have chronic venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will recommend minimally invasive varicose vein treatments such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. During these varicose vein treatments, the varicose vein doctor will use thermal energy, laser energy, or medical adhesives to either destroy or shut down your diseased saphenous vein. Once the diseased vein has been removed, the accumulated blood will reroute to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation in your legs.
Once the vein doctor has addressed the underlying vein disease, they can proceed to the visible spider veins. The vein doctor will use a minimally invasive treatment that will include sclerotherapy. During the sclerotherapy treatment, the vein specialist will inject a medicine into your spider veins. This medicine will fuse your spider veins’ walls, because of which they will harden into scar tissues that will eventually get absorbed by the body and fade away.
If you don’t have underlying chronic venous insufficiency, the vein doctor won’t have to use minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. In that case, they will only recommend sclerotherapy.
What are the qualities to consider when looking for vein clinics?
The following are some of the qualities to consider when looking for a good vein treatment center in Houston.
- Qualified and Experienced Vein Doctors: It’s rightfully said that a vein clinic is only as good as its vein doctors. As such, when looking for a vein treatment center in Houston, you must consider the quality of their vein doctors and vein specialists. You should look for a Houston vein center that only has vein doctors with a strong educational background. They should have trained at reputable medical schools, such as Harvard Medical School, NYU School of Medicine, etc. They should also be extremely friendly and compassionate.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments that Include Sclerotherapy: You should only look for a varicose vein clinic or vein doctors that provide minimally invasive varicose vein treatments that include sclerotherapy. If they recommend varicose vein surgery, you should move on.
- State-of-the-Art Houston Vein Treatment Center: You should look for extremely advanced vein centers that have access to the latest state-of-the-art technologies, such as ClariVein, ClosureFAST, and VNUS.
- Insurance Coverage: Find a vein clinic or vein center that accepts all major insurance plans. They should also have resources to help you get proper insurance coverage for your varicose vein treatments.
Schedule an appointment with a spider vein treatment clinic near me in Houston, Texas, today.
Vein Treatment Clinic, which is located near The Galleria in Upper Houston, is one of the most reputable and advanced varicose vein treatment centers in Houston, Texas. We have nationally-recognized vein doctors who specialize in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. For more information, please schedule an appointment with a spider vein treatment clinic today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School