What are the Qualities of a Good Spider Vein Clinic Near Me in Houston? How Does a Vein Doctor Treat Spider Veins?
April 13, 2020
What are the qualities of a good spider vein clinic near me in Houston?
Do you have vein diseases like spider vein and varicose veins? Are you suffering from symptoms of vein disease like restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, and leg cramps? If so, you may be suffering from a severe circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency.
If you suspect that you have chronic venous insufficiency, you must consult a vein doctor from a good spider vein clinic immediately. To find some of the best spider vein centers in your locations, Google “spider vein clinic near me in Houston.” You will likely find a lot of vein clinics and vein specialists in Houston, Texas, and you’ll need to select a vein clinic that’s right for you.
The following are some of the qualities to consider when looking for a good spider vein clinic in Houston, Texas.
- Qualified Spider Vein Doctor: First and foremost, you must find a spider vein clinic that has highly-qualified and skilled vein doctors. The vein doctors must have glowing reviews from their patients, and they should have performed hundreds of modern minimally invasive spider vein treatments.
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: Minimally invasive spider vein treatments rely on advanced technologies, such as ClosureFAST, ClariVein, and VNUS. As such, you must find a state-of-the-art vein clinic that has access to the latest technologies.
- Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments: You must avoid a vein treatment center that recommends antiquated varicose vein treatments that necessitate surgery, such as vein ligation, vein stripping, and venous bypass surgery. Instead, you should look for vein clinics that specialize in minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal.
- Insurance Coverage: Varicose vein treatments can be costly. However, since chronic venous insufficiency is a medically severe condition, varicose vein treatments are usually covered by insurance plans. You must find a spider vein clinic that helps you get the best insurance coverage possible.
- Location: Finally, you must find a highly accessible spider vein treatment center, one that’s located in a prominent part of Houston, Texas.
How does a vein doctor curate a treatment plan for spider vein removal?
When you schedule an initial consultation with a spider vein specialist, the vein dr will first examine your symptoms to curate the perfect minimally invasive treatment plan.
During the initial consultation, the vein doctor or phlebologist will discuss your medical history. You must be upfront about all the medications you’re using, your complete medical history, and also detailed about your family’s medical history. The vein doctor will use this information to determine if you may have chronic venous insufficiency and which type of treatments you need.
The vein doctor will also look for signs and symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency, such as restless legs syndrome, leg heaviness, frequent leg cramps, swollen legs, and spider vein and varicose veins.
Following a discussion of your medical history and an examination of your symptoms, the spider vein doctor will run a vascular imaging test. Known as Doppler Ultrasound, the vascular imaging test will allow the vein doctor to visualize the blood flow in your deep veins, which will help them identify underlying chronic venous insufficiency.
If you have chronic venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will curate a treatment plan involving minimally invasive varicose vein treatments, such as radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. If you don’t have chronic venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will recommend a minimally invasive spider vein removal procedure called sclerotherapy.
What happens if the spider veins are caused by chronic venous insufficiency?
If your spider veins are caused by chronic venous insufficiency, the vein physician will have to remove the diseased saphenous vein first. Destroying the diseased saphenous vein will ensure that the accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins, restoring smooth blood circulation to the heart. If the vein physician removes spider veins without addressing the underlying vein disease, your spider veins will return later.
As mentioned previously, the vein doctor will destroy the diseased saphenous vein using minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. During the procedure, the vein dr will use heat energy (radiofrequency ablation), laser energy (laser ablation), or a vein glue (VenaSeal) to collapse the walls of the diseased vein. Once the vein doctor has treated chronic venous insufficiency, they can proceed with spider vein removal.
What happens if I don’t suffer from chronic venous insufficiency?
If you don’t have chronic venous insufficiency, the vein doctor can immediately proceed to a minimally invasive spider vein removal procedure known as sclerotherapy.
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive spider vein treatment in which the vein doctor injects a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins. This medicine fuses the spider veins’ walls, thus turning them into scar tissues. Over time, the scar tissues gradually get absorbed by the body and fade away.
Consult a reputable spider vein doctor today.
Vein Treatment Clinic is an extremely reputable and accomplished spider vein clinic in Houston, Texas. We have state-of-the-art infrastructure and a nationally-renowned spider vein doctor, Dr. Calvin Jung. Our vein physician carefully diagnoses the root cause of your spider and varicose veins to curate the perfect minimally invasive treatment plan.
Our Houston vein clinic is also highly accessible because it’s a short walk away from The Galleria shopping mall and features plenty of parking spaces. For more information, please consult a spider vein doctor today.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our vein treatment experts is one of the best ways to determine the proper resolution for your varicose veins. The treatments can include sclerotherapy, laser or radiofrequency ablation, a medication called Varithena, or procedures such as Venaseal, or Clarivein.
get to know your
houston Vein Doctor
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung is a Houston vein doctor, experienced in some of the most innovative techniques and medical advances for the treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. His customized treatment plans focus on providing relief from the many symptoms of vein disease, including, leg swelling, restless leg syndrome, cramping, and skin discoloration on legs
New York Medical School