Are you concerned about your health because of the presence of large knotted veins protruding from your legs?
Laser vein treatment is one of the most effective treatments for varicose veins. It treats the underlying vein disease to prevent your varicose veins from ever returning.
But what happens during a laser vein treatment? Is it painful? How much does it cost? And is it one of the best varicose vein treatment available?
You may have several such questions going through your mind. In this article, we discuss everything related to laser vein treatments and where you can find one of the best laser vein clinic.
Endovenous laser ablation, also known as laser vein ablation, is one of the best treatments for varicose veins.
During the treatment, laser energy is directed into the damaged vein under ultrasound guidance to provoke an inflammatory reaction and seal the vein closed.
Once the vein closes, the accumulated blood reroutes to healthier deeper veins. Over time, the sealed vein hardens and reabsorbs into the body.
Laser Treatment For Varicose Veins Advantages
Laser treatment for varicose veins has the following advantages:
- It is one of the most effective treatments for varicose veins and works immediately.
- It is a non-surgical and minimally-invasive procedure.
- This procedure is conducted under local anesthesia and causes minimal pain.
- The entire procedure concludes within an hour.
- You may return to your daily activities immediately after treatment, though it isn’t advisable to engage in rigorous physical activities.
- It doesn’t leave any scars.
Laser Treatment For Varicose Veins Drawbacks
Laser treatment for varicose veins is extremely effective but it does have a few drawbacks:
- After the treatment, you cannot engage in heavy exercises or activities for a week.
- You may feel some discomfort for a few days after the treatment.
- Laser vein ablation is the most expensive minimally-invasive treatment for varicose veins.
- This procedure causes more pain than alternatives like radiofrequency ablation and venaseal.
How Much Does Laser Vein Removal Cost?
A single endovenous laser ablation session may cost between $2,000 to $7,000.
What Are Some of The Best Vein Treatments?
Even though endovenous laser ablation is an extremely effective treatment for vein disease, there are other treatments that are just as effective with even less pain or discomfort.
VenaSeal is a vein glue or medical adhesive that fuses the walls of the diseased veins together, closing them down.
Varithena is a specialized solution of pre-made sclerotherapy foam. It is injected into the damaged vein to close it down and improve the appearance of varicose veins.
Radiofrequency Ablation is a procedure in which thermal energy damages the walls of the affected veins, thereby shutting them down. It is performed with an advanced medical tool called ClosureFAST.
Why You Should Consult a Laser Vein Clinic
Vein disease is an extremely under-diagnosed disease because its symptoms — aching, throbbing veins, heaviness, irritation — can be mistaken for signs of aging. But vein disease is actually extremely dangerous.
In fact, the presence of varicose veins indicates that your vein disease has already progressed to an advanced stage. If left untreated, vein disease can lead to a number of complications:
- If you have varicose veins, even tiny bumps and scratches can initiate profuse unstoppable bleeding.
- They cause serious skin infections.
- In some situations, the accumulated blood may clot in your veins. The blood clot may then break away and travel to your lungs, provoking a potentially-fatal medical condition called pulmonary embolism.
Vein disease can be potentially fatal if left untreated. It is therefore extremely important to consult a reputable laser vein clinic immediately.
FAQs About Laser Vein Clinic
What are some of the best treatments for spider veins?
One of the best treatment for spider veins is sclerotherapy because it’s safe, produces immediate results, and causes minimal pain or discomfort.
What is EVLT therapy for varicose veins?
EVLT therapy, short for endovenous laser ablation, is a minimally-invasive procedure that uses laser energy to treat varicose veins and venous insufficiency.
How much does it cost for varicose veins treatment?
The cost of a varicose veins treatment depends on the procedure used.
- VenaSeal: This procedure may cost thousands of dollars without insurance coverage.
- Varithena: May cost thousands of dollars.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Depending on the number of veins and their depth and seriousness, this treatment may cost between $1,500 to $3,000.
- EVLT Therapy: The cost of laser vein ablation ranges from $2,000 to $7,000.
How to treat varicose veins today with modern technology?
ClosureFAST is the most advanced technological device to treat varicose veins. It’s used in a procedure called radiofrequency ablation.
What causes varicose/spider veins?
Both varicose and spider veins are caused by an underlying vein disease called venous insufficiency.
Cosmetic Surgery: What are Leg Spider Veins?
Leg spider veins are tiny veins that look like tree branches or spider webs. They may appear on your legs as a result of underlying vein disease.
What is the treatment for varicose veins?
Some of the best treatments for varicose veins are venaseal, varithena, radiofrequency ablation, and endovenous laser ablation.
Does insurance cover varicose vein treatment?
Varicose veins are caused by an underlying vein disease and may be dangerous if left untreated. As such, varicose veins treatments are considered to be medically necessary so most insurances cover them.
In leg vein removal, what treatment is the most effective?
The most effective leg vein removal treatments are sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, venaseal, varithena, and endovenous laser ablation. However, you need to visit a vein doctor to determine which treatment is suitable for your specific condition.
Laser ablation varicose veins?
Laser ablation is a varicose vein treatment in which laser energy irritates the walls of the diseased veins and close them down.
Vein Clinic Near Me
At Vein Treatment Clinic, we offer minimally-invasive treatments for varicose veins and our board-certified vein doctors prioritize your comfort above all else. Book an appointment with your nearest vein treatment clinic to discuss your treatment options.