Qualities of a Good Spider Vein Clinic Near Me in TX 2020
What are the qualities of a good spider vein clinic near me in TX, 2020?
- 5-Star Ratings & Reviews: Once you google, “spider vein clinic near me in TX, 2020,” you’ll find a long list of vein clinics arranged according to their proximity to your current location and their ratings. Look for vein clinics with5-star ratings and rave reviews from happy patients.
- Exceptional Vein Doctor: Once you’ve narrowed down the list to the most reputable vein clinics, go through their websites to read about their vein doctors. Look for vein clinics with exceptionally-talented vein doctors with a strong educational background and a perfect track record, having successfully performed hundreds of minimally invasive vein treatments.
- State-of-the-Art Medical Center: Go through the vein clinic’s website to ensure it’s a state-of-the-art medical center with the latest technologies, such as ClosureFAST, ClariVein, and VNUS. These devices and technologies assist in the latest minimally invasive vein treatments, ensuring minimal risk of side effects or complications.
- Diagnosis of Vein Problems: Most vein problems occur because of underlying venous insufficiency, a condition in which your vein valves collapse and blood accumulate in your leg veins. As such, before curating a treatment plan, the vein clinic must accurately diagnose the root cause of the vein problems. You should look for vein clinics that offer vascular imaging diagnostic methods.
- Minimally Invasive Vein Treatments: You must avoid a medical center that recommends surgical treatments. Instead, you should only consider vein clinics that provide minimally invasive vein treatments that include sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, and VenaSeal. Minimally invasive vein treatments are non-surgical, cause no pain or discomfort, are safe, and they conclude within an hour with no downtime.
- Insurance Coverage: Look for vein clinics that accept most insurable plans and help you get optimal insurance coverage for the minimally invasive vein treatments.
- Friendly Team Members: Finally, look for vein clinics with friendly and compassionate vein doctors and team members. They should patiently answer all your questions and tell you what you can expect from minimally invasive vein treatments. The vein clinic should focus on your emotional and physical comfort through this process.
What happens during minimally invasive vein procedures?
You should only look for vein clinics and vein doctors who specialize in minimally invasive vein treatments. In the past, vein problems could only be treated with complicated surgeries that had a high risk of side effects and complications. Thanks to modern advancements and technologies, that’s no longer the case — minimally invasive procedures are nonsurgical, cause minimal pain and discomfort, are safe, and conclude within an hour with no downtime.
However, before curating a minimally invasive treatment plan, the vein doctors must diagnose the root cause of your vein problems. During the diagnosis procedure, they use ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins, revealing the diseased saphenous vein. This allows vein doctors to curate the ideal minimally invasive treatment plan after carefully discussing your treatment options and insurance coverage.
Radiofrequency ablation is a minimally invasive procedure in which the vein doctor creates an incision on the skin’s surface to insert a catheter. The catheter is driven into the diseased saphenous vein under ultrasound guidance. Once inside, the vein doctor applies local anesthesia to the vein’s walls and activates the catheter to generate thermal energy, collapsing the diseased saphenous vein. The accumulated blood flows to healthier veins.
Endovenous Laser Ablation
Endovenous laser ablation is a minimally invasive procedure in which the vein physician creates an incision on the skin’s surface to insert an endovenous laser (laser fiber hooked to a catheter). The endovenous laser is driven into the problematic saphenous vein under vascular imaging. Once inside, the vein doctor administers local anesthesia and activates the laser fiber to generate laser energy. The diseased vein immediately collapses, and the accumulated blood flows to healthier veins.
VenaSeal is the name of a safe medical-grade adhesive. During the VenaSeal minimally invasive procedure, the vein doctor injects the vein glue into the diseased vein’s walls under ultrasound guidance. VenaSeal fuses the vein’s wall, and the accumulated blood reroutes to healthier veins. The diseased vein hardens and gets absorbed by the body.
Sclerotherapy is different from the aforementioned minimally invasive varicose vein treatments because it’s a cosmetic procedure. During the sclerotherapy treatment, the vein doctor injects a medicine called sclerosant into the spider veins. Sclerosant acts like a vein glue, fusing the spider veins’ walls to turn them into hardened scar tissues. The hardened tissues get absorbed by the body, eventually fading away from the skin’s surface. Sclerotherapy only removes the visible spider veins without addressing the underlying vein disease, so it’s only used for cosmetic treatment or after the primary vein treatment to remove the remaining spider veins.
Do minimally invasive treatments for vein problems have insurance coverage?
Radiofrequency ablation and endovenous laser ablation are the only minimally invasive vein procedures eligible for insurance coverage because they’re medically necessary. VenaSeal also treats underlying vein disease, but it’s not yet eligible for insurance coverage because it’s a relatively new procedure. Sclerotherapy isn’t eligible for insurance coverage because it’s a cosmetic procedure.
Contact our Medical Center Today
Vein Treatment Clinic is a highly-reputable medical center, located close to The Galleria shopping mall in Uptown Houston. Our state-of-the-art vein clinic meets all of the qualities mentioned earlier in this article, and we specialize in the latest minimally invasive varicose vein treatments. For more information, please schedule an appointment with our medical center today.
Meet Our Houston
Calvin Jung MD
Spider Vein and Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Jung focuses on spider and varicose vein removal by implementing minimally-invasive vein treatments such as sclerotharpy, radiofrequency ablation, clarivein & VenaSeal.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our vein treatment locations. (281) 823-8248
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at a Texas vein center near you. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.
FEATURED POSTS BY VEIN DOCTORS
Introducing Vein Treatment Clinic, a State-of-the-Art Spider Vein Clinic Near Me in River Oaks 10/10/2020Vein Treatment Clinic: State-of-the-Art Spider Vein Clinic Near Me in River OaksAre you looking for a “spider vein clinic near me in River Oaks?” If so, you need...
How Can I Find a Spider Vein Clinic Near Me in Texas 2020?10/10/2020Step 1: Google “spider vein clinic near me in Texas, 2020.”Finding vein doctors and medical centers in your area is incredibly easy because of Google. All you have to do is google, “spider vein clinic...
Should I Consult a Spider Vein Clinic Near Me in Houston 2020?10/10/2020Why should I consult a spider vein clinic near me in Houston, 2020? If you’re wondering if you should “consult a spider vein clinic near me in Houston in 2020,” you’re probably suffering...
Spider Vein Clinic in River Oaks: Vein Disease FAQs10/10/2020Our spider vein clinic in River Oaks discusses vein disease, spider leg veins, and minimally invasive vein treatments.Can you see abnormal leg veins on your skin’s surface? You may be wondering what these...